Small commitment, big reward
Sturgeon County’s boards and committees play an important role in providing advice to Council when making decisions on issues facing the County and Council appreciates the efforts and time commitment of community members dedicating their service to Sturgeon County.
As a resident, serving on a board or committee is an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about municipal government generally and about specific topics covered by each board and committee. Board experience is an impressive addition to your resume and can help expand your network. Board and Committee members are also paid for attending meetings.
Hear what board member Amanda Papadopoulos has to say about her time on the Subdivision & Development Appeal Board & Al Montpellier about his time on the Agricultural Services Board!
Recruitment takes place each fall, but applications are accepted at any time. Applications forms are available on each board and committee page.
The County’s Council Committees Bylaw provides more information on the role, purpose and structure of the individual boards and committees. Learn more about Sturgeon County’s boards and committees by visiting their individual sections.
2019 Board Recruitment Process
- Applications are accepted year-round with the formal recruitment process commencing September 1, 2019
- Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
- Applications can be submitted via email, fax, or dropped off to County Centre
- Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview by the Boards and Committees Selection Committee in October
- Recommendations will be provided to Council in November for Board positions commencing January 1, 2020
Board and Committee Application Forms