Open till suitable candidate found
You will work in a fast-paced environment with an energetic Corporate Communications team. You’re a skilled generalist, but your focus will be on leading initiatives related to Transportation projects to keep Sturgeon County stakeholders informed.
- Develop communications strategies specifically related to road projects and activities while ensuring alignment with the Sturgeon County Strategic Plan.
- Meet regularly with project leads to keep road projects and transportation activities communications timely and on-track.
- Develop outlines, including research, compiling information, preparing content and proofreading/ editing materials.
- Coordinate advertising, website content, and signage requests with your team to align with communication and marketing plans.
- Provide event support while adhering to regulations, permitting, and licensing.
- Digital Media support as needed:
Post website content updates and support social media plans.
- Serve as a Sturgeon County representative with media, ratepayers, and staff regarding special issues, events, services, and program information.
- Provide input to the Corporate Communications Manager regarding budget requirements.
- If necessary, assume a secondary role in media and public relations during emergencies, coordinating clear, effective, and timely communications, providing direction and advice on crisis communications, and serving as Public Information Officer (PIO) as required.
- An innovative and creative strategic thinker.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Keen ability to create and coordinate timely information.
- A multi-tasker who takes initiatives, with the ability to manage multiple demands.
- Web/Digital Platform experience.
- Strong written and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines; keep up-to-date with industry best practices.
- Related degree or diploma in the field of Communications, Public Relations and/or Marketing
- 5 Years related experience & membership in IABC and/or CPRS
Remuneration and Benefits
$36.24 - $47.69
This position is expected to be 4-6 months in lenght to covering for a leave. There is possibility of an extension to this.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter, quoting the appropriate competition number, must be submitted by the competition deadline.
Sturgeon County Human Resources
9613 100 Street
Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9
Thank you for your application. Please note, due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted directly
The personal information you provide will be used for the purposes of determining whether you are suitable and qualified for a position within Sturgeon County and is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you have any questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information, please contact the Access and Privacy Coordinator at 9613 - 100 Street, Morinville, AB, T8R 1L9 or phone 780-939-4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.