Property Tax Information
April 1, 2020 - Council Votes To Extend Residential Tax Payment Deadline and Waive Penalties to Reduce Economic Impact of COVID-19
Click here for details and new dates
Payments must be postmarked on or before June 30 or received at Sturgeon County Centre before the end of business, 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 30, 2020 to avoid penalty charges.
Late penalty charges are as follows:
- 6% of current levy July 1, 2020
- 6% of current levy August 1, 2020
- 6% of supplementary levy December 1, 2020
- 12%of total owing March 1, 2020
Outstanding property taxes from prior years will be subject to a 12% penalty effective March 1, 2020.
Payment by cash, cheque or debit card only, must be received at Sturgeon County Centre before the end of business, 4:30 p.m., February 28, 2020.
The options for paying property taxes are:
- By mail; 9613-100 St., Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9
- At the County Centre; cash, cheque or debit card only. Offices are open Monday to Friday during business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- At the County Centre through the mail slot; cheque only during non-business hours, weekends and holidays.
- At most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions and caisse populaire.
- Via Telephone/Internet Banking through most major banks.
- Tax Installment Program (see below) for future years only.
- Send tax bill remittance portion with your payment.
- Make your cheque payable to Sturgeon County.
- Your cancelled cheque is your receipt.
- Do not send cash through the mail.
- For your convenience a post dated cheque is acceptable.
Interested in joining the Tax Installment Payment Plan? Please visit the brochures page for more information about T.I.P.P. For more information about your tax notice or property assessment, please contact 780-939-4321 or toll free at 1-866-939-9303.