Head to our event calendar!
• To save the integrity and structure of the road without having to do a full reconstruction of the roadway; and to bring the road to the desired x-section and to improve drainage
• Bring the gravel material from the ditches back onto the road, working and packing the material into the road surface
• Approach culverts may be replaced or cleaned out and the area around them
• The road surface will be brought to design width of approximately 7-8 meters
• Ditch drainage will be improved and the crown will be brought back to the road surface
• Improve the x-section
• Improve the drainage
• The road will look narrow as the pushed sections are brought back to proper x-sections
• Slopes will appear to be steeper due to the new x-section and the removal of vegetation
• Gravel will be placed the first year (40mm)
• Additional gravel placed the second year (20mm)
Unfortunately, you may experience unavoidable inconveniences as a result of this road construction. Road closures, detours, slower moving traffic, rougher road conditions and higher noise levels may occur.
Please slow down and use caution when driving through this area. Obeying all road signs, speed limits and traffic control personnel will keep both yourself and road crews safe.
Sturgeon County appreciates your understanding and cooperation and apologizes for any inconveniences that may occur while road construction is being completed.
LOCAL ROAD SHOULDER PULL PROGRAM (Tentative Schedule - weather permitting)