Solid Waste Management

Sturgeon County residents are provided with a free one-time permit to dispose of household refuse and recycling at the Roseridge Landfill and the Redwater Transfer Station.  Permits must be shown upon entry and please note that replacement permits cost $10.00 and can be purchased from the Roseridge Landfill office. For details on the management of these sites, visit

Roseridge Landfill Redwater Transfer Station

How do I get there?

Roseridge Landfill is located 2 KM east of Morinville off SH 642, south of Range Road 251

Phone: 780-939-5678


How do I get there?

The Redwater Waste Transfer Station is located 1.6 KM north of Hwy 38 on Range Road 215

Phone: 780-939-8325

Fore more information on household hazardous waste, e-recycling and compost, please visit