Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act: If you submit comments on this bylaw, either orally or in writing, the information you provide may be recorded in the minutes of the Public Hearing, or otherwise made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Public Hearings are typically held in the Council Chambers at the Sturgeon County Centre during regular council meetings, unless otherwise advertised.
- Public Hearing notices are advertised in the Free Press two weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Written comments are to be forwarded to the Municipal Secretary at the County Centre by the time/date specified in the notice.
- Individuals registered to speak at the Public Hearing will be heard first. All other presentations or comments may be heard after those who registered.
- Presentation time may be limited to five (5) minutes. Council may extend these limits. To register in advance, contact the Legislative Officer at 780-939-8377 by the time/date specified in the notice.
- Those wishing to make a presentation are asked to bring 10 copies of their presentation for Council and the recording secretary.