Councillor Karen Shaw
Re-elected for her fourth term, Councillor Karen Shaw believes that community input is an important component of a strong and sustainable community and welcomes and encourages open dialogue with Sturgeon County residents.
Councillor Shaw lives with her husband Stuart on the original homestead, settled in 1903. Together, they have three children and they are expecting their ninth grandchild in the spring. When away from Council Chambers, Karen and Stuart raise commercial Angus X Simmental cattle and she volunteers with numerous local agencies, including 4H and the Land Stewardship group.
In her spare time, she spends time outdoors, playing sports and riding horses. Karen was first elected to Council in 2007.
Internal Boards and Committees
- Agricultural Service Board
- Calahoo-Villeneuve Sand & Gravel Extraction Committee
- Environmental Protection Appeal Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission
External Boards and Committees
- Morinville Intermunicipal Negotiating Task Force
- Morinville Seed Cleaning Co-op Ltd.
- Northern Lights Library System
- Regional Transit Services Commission Transition Team (Alternate)
- Sturgeon County / City of St. Albert Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Morinville Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Advisory Committee (Alternate)
Monthly Expense Claims
County Paid Expenses