Sturgeon County prepares for its re-opening strategy
For immediate release June 30, 2020
Sturgeon County, Alberta – The Government of Alberta announced its provincial Stage 2 relaunch as of June 12, 2020. Sturgeon County will continue to take direction from Alberta Health Services to prevent the spread of COVID-19 cases and we will also monitor the number of positive cases of COVID-19 in the region.
“Sturgeon County will be implementing a carefully planned and staged approach to re-opening municipal facilities to the public,” states Mayor Alanna Hnatiw. “And residents can expect the delivery of services to look different.” Changes will include enhanced infection control measures – including physical distancing requirements, practicing good hygiene, monitoring for symptoms and making changes related to COVID-19 conditions accordingly. Necessary facility modifications are underway and targeted re-opening dates may be subject to change at the discretion of the County.
Re-Opening Stage 1: July 2, 2020
- Council Chambers to reopen for a quorum of Council by June 30.
- Sturgeon County front counter services to re-open for business on July 2, 2020 as follows:
- Sturgeon County Centre – all services including tax payment and referral.
- Agriculture Service Trailer
- Family & Community Support Services
- Protective Services
- Sturgeon South
- Assessment Services (July 13th)
- Family & Community Support Services continues to offer virtual and telephone services for residents seeking supports. Call (780) 939-8334 for more information.
- Sports fields and diamonds for casual use and bookings for organized sports are open (following all Alberta Health Services guidelines).
Re-Opening Stage 2: Aug. 4, 2020
- Council Chambers to re-open with appropriate social distancing requirements
- Sturgeon County Front Counter services: Development Support Services
Re-Opening Stage 3: To-Be-Determined
- Occupancy limit in Council Chambers and common areas will increase follow the advice of the Government of Alberta.
- In person meetings or collaboration no longer discouraged provided health regulations are being followed.
For a listing of recreation facility/amenity re-opening timelines, visit sturgeoncounty.ca/COVID19. Sturgeon County continues to encourage phone and online contact with Sturgeon County staff, including online bill payments, where possible. Please call 780-939-4321 before coming to Sturgeon County offices.
As a reminder, Sturgeon County tax payments are due on June 30th; however, penalty fees are waived until the end of August 2020. If you are not able to pay your taxes by June 30th, please register for an extension at www.sturgeoncounty.ca/COVID19/Tax-Payment to waive the tax penalty fees.
For more information, please contact:
P:780-939-8346 or E: email@example.com