Temporary Road Closures
Sturgeon County may need to close roadways in the event of maintenance or construction. Please ensure the appropriate authorities are notified. Partial Closures will take place from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
Fortis Winter Brushing Program:
Fortis has notified the Transportation and Engineering Services of their winter brushing program taking place for 2019/2020. The contractor hired by Fortis for the brushing is Asplundh and their crews will be working throughout the county brushing under power lines. If you have any questions please call Engineering Services at (780) 939-1322.
Fortis has notified the Transportation and Engineering Services of the upgrade of existing street lights taking place for approximately two weeks in mid-January 2020. Fortis Alberta will be undertaking streetlight replacement in the area of the Sturgeon Road and Starkey Road intersection with work taking place on both of these named roads. The Fortis construction crew will perform the work within a driving lane for short durations at each of the 12 streetlight locations. If you have any questions please call Engineering Services at (780) 939-1322.
Location: Sturgeon Road - from Sturgeon Road East going west to the Sturgeon Valley Golf Course - One Lane Traffic
Date: Monday January 6, 2020 to Friday January 24, 2020
Time: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Traffic Accommodation is in place and will impact the following traffic for short periods of time:
- East and westbound traffic on Sturgeon Road – one lane traffic
- Turning lane north bound and southbound traffic at Starkey Road and Sturgeon Road – one lane traffic
- Expect delays, obey all signs and drive with caution
Location: Range Road 220 – from Highway 643 south to Township Road 560 - One Lane Traffic
Date: Friday October 25, 2019 to Wednesday January 31, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wolf Carbon Solutions Inc will be performing pipeline work along and on the east side of Range Road 220 from Hwy 643 south to Township Road 560
- Traffic impact: Northbound Lane will be closed during work hours
EXTENDED:Temporary One Lane Closure - Courtesy Notification
Location: South of Hwy 643 on Rge Rd 221
Date: Monday, January 27 to Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Contracted culvert replacement by Noyen Construction will occur on Rge Rd 221 South of Hwy 643.
- Traffic impact:
- Expect traffic delays with one lane closed at a time.
- Watch for flaggers
- Signage will be in place