Sturgeon County Fire Restriction in Place
A fire restriction has been issued and comes into effect at 9:00 a.m. on June 30, 2021.
Effective 9:00 am, June 30, 2021, due to the rising fire hazard conditions, Sturgeon County has put in place a “Fire Restriction.”
- No new burn permits will be issued.
- All current fire permits (including those for burn barrels and incinerators) issued are suspended until further notice.
- All outdoor fires presently burning, whether set under the authority of a fire permit or not, are required to be extinguished.
Activities not affected by the Fire Restriction:
- Use of backyard fire pits used for warming or cooking, propane BBQs, portable propane fireplaces and propane heaters are still permitted.
- Firework permits for low hazard/family fireworks remain valid and if requested will still be issued. Firework permit holders are reminded to follow all permit conditions.
- Restriction does not apply to the use of ATVs or OHVs.
Sturgeon County urges everyone to use extreme caution when working or driving in grassy areas, be mindful of hot exhaust and keep vehicles clean and free of debris as smoldering debris can fall off and start fires.
Always know your location and dial 911 for any emergency!
Note: These restrictions also apply within the town limits of Bon Accord, Legal and Redwater.
For further updates visit the Sturgeon County website at www.sturgeoncounty.ca and the Alberta Fire Bans website at www.albertafirebans.ca. All other inquires contact 780-939-8400.