Temporary Road Closures & Delays
As of June 17, 2021
Sturgeon County may need to close roadways in the event of maintenance or construction. Please ensure the appropriate authorities are notified. Partial Closures will take place from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
Partial & Full Road Closures:
ROAD CONSTRUCTION: Highway 825 Widening from Range Road 225 north to Township Road 553
Scope of Work:
- Includes the construction of a south service road at Rge Rd 225
- Intersection improvements at Rge Rd 224A and Twp Rd 552
- Existing 2 Way Stop will be removed through a Highway 825 realignment and a new connection to Boysdale Road
- New service road will also be constructed from the existing Sturgeon Drive (Sturgeon Industrial Park) and connecting to Highway 825 at Twp Rd 553
DURATION: June 1 to August 1, 2021
NORTH SASKATCHEWAN RIVER HWY 15 BRIDGE PROJECT
Alberta Transportation has contracted ALBERCO Construction for the Hwy 15 bridge project over the North Saskatchewan River. The contractor has a Traffic Accommodation Strategy in place which includes partial and full road closures. Advance warning signs will be installed.
- Lamoureux Drive under the Hwy 15 bridge between the two ramp accesses onto Hwy 15 is currently open to two-lane traffic - construction is still in progress. Please drive with caution and care obeying all signs through the work area.
- If you have any questions the primary contact is Site Superintendent - Fred Klaszus (780) 267-5829.
UPDATE: Alberco will be doing two overnight full road closures on Lamoureux Drive in July for Hwy 15 bridge deck pour closing Lamoureux Drive between the two ramp accesses under Hwy 15. Currently scheduled as follows (subject to change and weather permitting):
- Week of July 5 (tentatively July 8, 2021)
- Week of July 19 (tentatively July 20, 2021)
FULL ROAD CLOSURES:
UTILITY SERVICES: #199 STURGEON CRESCENT 100, IN THE STURGEON INDUSTRIAL PARK (TRANSFER STATION)
DATE: WEDNESDAY JUNE 16, 2021 TO FRIDAY JUNE 18, 2021 24/7 (Weather permitting)
Utilities Services has scheduled a water service line replacement to the Septic Receiving Station in the Sturgeon Industrial Park.
- There will be no through traffic during this time; and
- No access for waste disposal during this repair at this station;
- And will be closed to ALL users
- Road excavation will take place and remain open during this time
- All signage will be in place
RANGE ROAD 254 - BETWEEN TOWNSHIP ROAD 552 AND HIGHWAY 37 (north of 55031) - FULL ROAD CLOSURE
DATE: WEDNESDAY JUNE 23, 2021
Drainage operations will be replacing a centerline culvert on Rge Rd 254 north of 55031 (weather permitting)
- There will be no through traffic
- Closure is anticipated for one day
- Pre-notification signage on site
- Traffic accommodation will be in place
- Residents north of 55031 must access from Twp Rd 552
- Residents south of 55031 must access from Hwy 37
PARTIAL ROAD CLOSURES & DELAYS:
PAVEMENT PRESERVATION AREAS AS FOLLOWS:
Valour Ave East of Hwy 28, Cardiff Echoes, Cardiff Pittsburgh, Rge Rd 241-from Twp Rd 552 to Cameron Park, Twp Rd 552 from Sunnyside Rd to Rge Rd 241, Estate Way west off of Starkey Road, Vila Drive, Manorview Cres, Twp Rd 544A east of Starkey Rd, Northern Lights, Pinnacle Ridge, Riverstone Pointe, Heartland Drive (Twp Rd 570), Sunnyside Rd -from Twp Rd 554-Hwy 28 - ONE LANE CLOSURE
DATE: Starting Saturday June 19, 2021 throughout the summer months
PURPOSES: Alberta Pavement repair will be working at this location doing pavement preservation.
- Pre-notification signage will be placed for the internal subdivisions
- Expect delays in traffic due to one lane traffic
- Traffic Accommodation will be in place
UTILITY SERVICES: #79 - RANGE ROAD 265 HAMLET OF VILLENEUVE - SOUTH OF HWY 633 - ONE LANE CLOSURE
DATE: POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
TIME: 8:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M.
PURPOSE: Utility Services will be installing a new service connection to a resident in Villeneuve, and there will be a portion of the road way that will be closed for the day causing a one lane closure
- Expect traffic delays
- Traffic accommodation will be in place
Township Road 544 - from Range Road 275 to Range Road 280
Contractor will be following up in spring 2021 to complete the road rehabilitation on Township Road 544:
- Paving on Twp Rd 544 from the west entrance of Glory Hills to Rge Rd 275
- Ditch work, grading and topsoil
- Expect delays in traffic
DATE: Completion date June 30, 2021 (weather permitting)