Public Hearing - Bylaw 1597/22
Amendment to the Land Use Bylaw 1385/17
In accordance with section 606 of the Municipal Government Act, Sturgeon County Council is requesting public input on proposed Bylaw 1597/22. This Bylaw proposes to amend the Land Use Bylaw by enacting recommendations of the Agribusiness and Agritourism Review Task Force Recommendations Report including, but not limited to:
- Creation of Event Venue use and related regulations
- Creation of Diversified Agriculture use and related regulations
- Amending Agriculture AG-District to allow Event Venue as a discretionary use and Diversified Agriculture as a Permitted Use.
- Creation of a new Agriculture 2 AG-2 District to allow more intensive and diversified agriculture uses as permitted uses.
- Allow the gathering of development information to be used to internally trial an Impact Matrix.
- Other related changes.
The Public Hearing will be held both in person and via video conference:
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 2:30 p.m. (or as soon as practical thereafter) at:
Sturgeon County Council Chambers,
9613-100 Street, Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9
Requirements for all Speakers - All Speakers will be given a 5-minute time limit and are encouraged to provide a written copy of their submission in advance of the Public Hearing.
In-person Speakers - you are encouraged to pre-register for the Public Hearing by contacting Legislative Services at 780-939-8279.
Speakers via videoconference - You must register 24 hours prior to the opening of the Public Hearing (no later than June 13, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.) by contacting Legislative Services at 780-939-8279, to receive instructions to access the video conference.
Written Submissions - All interested parties are encouraged to express their views
by providing a written submission to Legislative Services by email up to the close of the Public Hearing.
Persons wishing to view the Public Hearing without making a submission are invited to attend in-person or view the livestream.
To view the livestream, click on the meeting date on the calendar, then click on the video link.
Any inquiries regarding the proposed Bylaw should be directed to Tyler McNab, Program Lead Development & Safety Codes, Planning & Development Services at 780-939-8342.