Nine agribusiness and agritourism operators or landowners adjacent to agribusiness agritourism operations made presentations to the Agritourism Agribusiness Review Task Force (the Task Force) on January 20, 2022. Several of the presenters had questions that were tabled at that meeting. These questions and the responses are provided
In reviewing the questions and responses, it is important to note the following:
- The questions and comments are in response to draft definitions and core criteria for Agritourism, Agritourism Events, and Diversified Agribusiness being considered by the Task Force.
- The Task Force will be considering the draft definitions and core criteria, including any suggested amendments, as part of a report of recommendations to be submitted to Sturgeon County Council for review and further direction.
- None of the definitions or criteria are being considered for inclusion in Sturgeon County’s Land Use Bylaw at this time.
- Amendments to the Land Use Bylaw will only take place after receiving direction from Sturgeon County Council to proceed.
- Upon direction from Council, Sturgeon County Administration will put forward a proposed bylaw to amend the Land Use Bylaw to include Agritourism, Agritourism Events, and Diversified Agribusiness.
- Should Council give first reading of a proposed bylaw, there will be an opportunity for public feedback as part of a Public Hearing, before Council considers second and third reading.
As The Task Force is still in the review stage of this process, it may not be possible to provide detailed responses to the questions at this time. Questions and concerns raised by the public, including the questions below, are provided to the Task Force for their consideration in the recommendations report they are to provide to Sturgeon County Council.
Please note: Sturgeon County Administration received emails asking questions regarding specific venues currently in operation. As the questions do not relate to the request to provide feedback on the draft definitions and core criteria, the questions and responses are not included in the summary below.