Sturgeon County - Building & Renovating

Building & RenovatingBuilding & Renovating

Before you embark on that renovation project, check what safety regulations are in place, which permits you need and find out how to book required inspections.

If you have questions, we’re here to help!

Phone 780-939-8275
Toll Free 1-866-939-9303
Fax 780-939-2076
Sturgeon County Centre 9613 - 100 Street
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9


The Permit Process

  1. Determine what you want to build and verify that your land use zoning / district allows that development
  2. Get a site plan 
  3. Apply for the development permit
  4. Read the building permit checklist
  5. Apply for the building permit
  6. Apply for mechanical permits (plumbinggaselectrical and private sewage)