Protective Services is updating the Animal Control regulation in Sturgeon County.
The proposed Animal Control Bylaw 1508/20 intends to:
- regulate the keeping of livestock, poultry or fowl and related activities, including urban hens;
- provide guidelines for the quantity of animals allowed and where they may be kept; and
- ensure the safety, health, and welfare of people and animals in accordance with the Animal Health Act.
Please note: The proposed Animal Control Bylaw 1508/20 does not affect dogs (see Bylaw 1352/15) or cats. (https://www.sturgeoncounty.ca/Services/Protective-Services/dog-control)
View the proposed Animal Control Bylaw: Click here
Tell us what you think before August 25
We welcome residents’ feedback on the proposed bylaw prior to presenting to Council for Second Reading in fall 2020.
- Email the Enforcement Services Supervisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone the Enforcement Services Supervisor 780-939-8418 or Protective Services Manager/Fire Chief Mahoney at 780-939-8411.
Council gave First Reading on June 30, 2020. Once approved at Third Reading, the Animal Control Bylaw 1508/20 will replace Bylaw 952/02.