Do you want to become a firefighter? Sturgeon County Emergency Services is recruiting! We are looking for individuals who are positive, team oriented and enjoy physically demanding work.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY. All personal safety equipment provided.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity for you to contribute to the safety of your community.
- Professional NFPA 1001 certified firefighting education valued at $12,000 which is transferable anywhere in North America.
- Additional benefits such as, WCB and life insurance coverage.
Firefighter Recuitment Package
It's Back!: The Fire Cadet Program
What We Offer:
A week long free program designed to introduce the fire cadet to the fire service and the various facets of firefighting. This will include wearing Personal Protective Equipment, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), Fire Extinguishers, Vehicle Extricaction (Jaws of life) and much more.
- August 20–25, 2018 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. at the Bon Accord Fire Hall.
- Open to male and female youth ages 14 and 15 residing within Sturgeon County
- Lunch is provided
- Space is limited, register early
What We Expect:
- Aptitude for physically demanding, gratifying work
- Positive, team-orientated personality
Interested youth/parents may also contact Firefighter Christine Bassett-Daviau at 587-985-9467, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to register.
Meanwhile, check out this #YouTube video which shows the exciting adventures of our #FireCadet program!