Sturgeon County's Dust Suppression Program can help reduce the impact of dust on residential properties.
When you sign up for this program, the County will apply calcium to the County roadway adjacent to the applicant's property.
The calcium suppresses the dust, but it does not completely eliminate the dust.
Dust Suppression Application Forms are now available
The 2019 Dust Suppression application is available here
Earlybird Deadline: April 15, 2019
Calcium-First 100m (subsidized) : $405; Each Additional 10m is $118
NEW Oil Option: Subject to site inspection. Rate to be determined, please call 780-939-8252
- Application forms received between April 16 and May 17 are subject to an additional $100 late fee
- Application forms will not be accepted after May 17, 2019
Important Information About Dust Suppression
- The first 100 metres of dust suppression per resident is subsidized. All dust suppression beyond the basic 100 metre application will be charged at FULL COST to a maximum of an extra 100 metres (as per Sturgeon County Policy TRA-DUS-01 (to be amended 2019).
- There is no guarantee to the length of life of the calcium treatment.
- Oil treatment will be guaranteed for a period of one year from date of application.
- Approval for the Oil treatment is subject a site inspection by Transportation Services. Some restrictions may apply.
- Sturgeon County, at its sole discretion, may undertake work on any treated areas to maintain a safe driving surface.
For more information, contact Sturgeon County Transportation Services at 780-939-8252 or toll free at 1-866-939-9303.