The Dale MacMillan Memorial Scholarship for Community Leadership recognizes and commemorates the contributions of Dale MacMillan, who was instrumental in helping achieve a balance between residents and gravel extraction operations in the Calahoo and Villeneuve areas. Two – $2,000 awards are available annually for Sturgeon County residents enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2023
To be considered, you must have a current Sturgeon County address, but may be living temporarily outside of Sturgeon County for your schooling.
Applicants will also need to provide:
- Proof of enrollment in a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Demonstrated community leadership and involvement within Sturgeon County
- Essay submission (300 words max.) identifying:
- Why you are qualified to receive the scholarship.
- Achievements and contributions to the community.
- Educational training being pursued.
- Up to two (2) letters of reference.