Disaster and EMS

Emergency Services

Emergency Services coordinates and maintains fire, rescue, fire prevention, and public education services for the County. Emergency Services also plays a critical role in providing expertise and guidance relating to disaster situations and emergency preparedness, planning, and response.

Report a fire by calling 9-1-1.
If calling 9-1-1 from a cell-phone, ask for Parkland County Emergency Call Centre, which serves Sturgeon County.


Contact Sturgeon County Protective Services at 780-939-8400 or send them an email.

The Sturgeon County Protective Services Building is home to
Enforcement Services, Animal Control, Emergency Services, and the District of Namao Fire Department.

Protective Services

Sturgeon County Protective Services is committed to protecting life, property and the environment in our community through prevention and response.

There are:
🧯 15 full-time firefighters
🧯 125 paid on-call firefighters,
🧯 8 Peace Officers and
🧯 1 Animal Control Officer



Sturgeon County provides administrative, operational, ant training support of five fire halls:

Bon Accord Fire Department
Calahoo Fire Department
Namao Fire Department
Legal Fire Department
Redwater Fire Department

Sturgeon County is a member of the Sturgeon Regional Emergency Management Partnership (SREMP). This group includes the Towns of Bon Accord, Gibbons, Legal, Morinville and Redwater.
We’ve worked together to create a Regional Emergency Management Plan, which will help us quickly coordinate emergency response efforts in the event of a disaster.
In addition, staff from the partner municipalities regularly take part in emergency simulations to establish and maintain a level of emergency readiness.

Are you Emergency Ready?

An Emergency Action Guide  has been created by SREMP to help residents make sure they’re ready for emergency situations.
Learn more about being emergency ready on SREMP’s website.

Enforcement Services

Enforcement Services ensure County bylaws are followed by our residents, businesses, and visitors. Peace Officers patrol communities and respond to complaints.

Ambulance / EMS

Ambulance / EMS services within Sturgeon County are overseen and provided by Alberta Health Services. If you have a medical emergency or require an ambulance dial 9-1-1.