Sturgeon County wants to help meet the needs of local businesses.
We conducted a business survey in February 2023 to better understand these needs and learn how business owners and operators view the community as a place to do business.
The results from this survey help identify where the County can grow to meet the needs of its businesses and will be used in future years so the County can measure that growth. Sturgeon County is reviewing the survey data and considering how it can continue to enhance and focus its programming to meet evolving business needs.
Results from Sturgeon County’s inaugural business survey highlight overall satisfaction from business owners and operators, and signal growth for businesses.
Sturgeon County thanks the business representatives who took the survey and who shared their valuable perspectives.
Responses statistically represent the business community in the region, providing a high level of accuracy with a 9.7 per cent margin error at 95 per cent confidence level.
Key findings from the survey are as follows:
- 90 per cent of business owners/operators are satisfied with Sturgeon County as a place to own and operate a business.
- 93 per cent of businesses are locally owned and operated.
- 86 per cent of business owners/operators would recommend the County to another business looking to expand or relocate.
- 81 per cent of business owners/operators are satisfied with the development and building permit process.
- Sturgeon County businesses are seeing an increase in business performance.