- This event has passed.
Lite Up the Nite Christmas Festival
November 25, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - November 27, 2022 @ 2:30 pmfree
Get in the holiday spirit and join us for the Lite Up the Nite Christmas Festival from November 25 to November 27, 2022. This three-day event is a celebration of family, community and the holiday season brought to you by the Town of Morinville, many community partners, and partnership with our presenting media sponsor, 840 CFCW, Alberta’s Country Legend.
In addition to an incredible high-level fireworks show that can be enjoyed nearly anywhere within town limits, the much anticipated Lite Up the Nite Parade will be part of the festivities. Participation in the parade is open to any business, not-for-profit or community group. Those interested must complete an application form by the end of the day on Monday, November 21, 2022.
New to this year’s festival, is the “Cause” Play Community Christmas Dance presented by McDonald’s. Taking place Friday evening at the Morinville Community Cultural Centre, this event provides an opportunity to dress up, in costume, and support two great charities. While tickets are free, attendees are asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy donation to support the Ronald McDonald House Magic Room. Proceeds from the concession and face painting will support the annual Morinville Adopt-A-Family campaign.
Returning are some of our most beloved events, and new ones including:
- Fill a Truck in Support of the Morinville Food Bank
- An Old-Fashioned Christmas at Musée Morinville Museum
- A “Cause” Play Community Dance presented by McDonald’s
- A Festive Family Festival, offering crafts, cookie decorating, entertainment and Photos with Santa, presented by OK Tire Morinville
- The Lite Up the Nite Parade with free hot chocolate and popcorn served at the Morinville Community Library
- The Lite Up the Park ceremony at St. Jean Baptiste Park
- Lite Up the Nite Fireworks presented by 96.3 The Breeze
- Champion Pet Foods Free Holiday Family Skate, with an ‘Ice Queen and Spidey Hero’, a Santa selfie station and sweet treats sold by the Association Canadienne-Française de l’Alberta (ACFA).
- A Lite Up Morinville Nites Holiday Décor Contest
- A silent auction and book sale at the Morinville Community Library.