Drainage improvements within the Alcomdale Subdivision. Work is planned to commence in 2022.
What to expect
- Project details and design are currently in progress.
- Sturgeon County will be sending construction notification letters to affected residents prior to the commencement of this work. If there are concerns, there will be a contact number to reach out prior to, or during construction activities.
- A tentative construction schedule will be included within the notification letter.
- For the ditch excavation and culvert’s replacement, there will be disruptions to the existing ditch and surrounding areas. All disrupted areas will be reclaimed, smoothed with top soil, and grass seed. Our projects team will work with the residents to minimize disruption.
August 29, 2022
The contractor is moving equipment to the site.
August 11, 2022
The contract for this project has been awarded.
July 11, 2022
The project is scheduled for completion in 2022.
June 13, 2022
The tender for this project has been awarded.
- The hamlet of Alcomdale was identified within the Drainage Master Plan as problem area B04 with poorly defined ditches and has had historical problematic drainage. This project evaluated the existing drainage patterns and identified areas to improve drainage conveyance in the community.
- The primary objective of this project is to reduce flood risk to Alcomdale properties and infrastructure while preserving existing wetlands. The objective will be achieved by implementing simple infrastructure improvements, such as ditch grading and culvert installment and replacements, at key locations. The majority of improvements will take place within the Right-of-way (ROW) of 2nd street, 4th street, Main Street and Union Avenue where the existing drainage patterns are to be maintained.
- These drainage improvements have been targeted to be scheduled in 2022.