The project will improve drainage in the vicinity of the Heritage Industrial Park west of Morinville. This work is planned for 2022.
What to expect
- Sturgeon County will be sending construction notification letters to affected residents/business owners prior to the commencement of this work. If there are concerns, there will be a contact number to reach out to prior to and during construction activities.
- A tentative schedule of construction will be included within the notification letter.
- For the channel excavation and the inlet culvert’s replacement, there will be disruptions to the Morinville Campground and RV Park day to day activities, but the project team will work with the owner/staff to minimize disruption.
November 22, 2022
The final drainage improvements are underway. The project is scheduled for completion in 2022. The remainder of project is done.
June 13, 2022
Stakeholder engagement is underway.
- 2020 – Large amounts of rainfall resulted in high water tables and multiple runoff issues. Multiple concerns were received from landowners upstream to Heritage Lake.
- A Storm Water Management Plan was completed by engineering consultant (McElhannery Ltd.) and it is evident that the inlet channel and culverts to the lake are undersized, causing flooding upstream, west along HWY 642 and north to land parcels on NE Rge Rd 254 and HWY 642 intersection.
- Planned 2022 improvements have been identified to address the issues.
- Project includes:
- Stakeholder consultation with Alberta Environments & Parks and the Town of Morinville.
- Confirmation modeling for the proposed inlet channel improvements to determine if there will be adverse impacts to the lake.
- Drainage improvements (Ditch Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control and Culvert Installation).