Crews will be surfacing the existing internal gravel road network in Hillsborough Estates with hot mix asphalt.
What to expect
- As construction progresses, intermittent locations will be reduced to one lane with ongoing traffic accommodation present.
- Sturgeon County will be sending construction notification letters to affected residents prior to commencement of this work. If there are concerns, there will be a contact number to reach out prior to, or during construction.
- With favourable weather and barring additional COVID related disruption, the work is anticipated to be done by August 2022.
September 6, 2022
The subgrade work is done, and asphalt paving is underway.
August 11, 2022
Construction is now underway.
July 11, 2022
The project is scheduled for completion in 2022.
- Hillsborough Estates is located at the southwest corner of Twp Rd 572 and Rge Rd 233, in Sturgeon County.
- The existing road network has a gravel surface within a 30 m right-of-way.
- As per Subdivision Surfacing Program Prioritization Matrix, Hillsborough Estates was in the que for surfacing. The matrix took into consideration the number of lots and the percentage of lots that are developed.
- Our intent for this project was to determine the best rehabilitation method for the existing roads (Hillsborough Drive, Hillsborough Crescent, Hillsborough Place and Hillsborough Heights) and ensure proper storm water conveyance throughout.
- The project includes:
- Granular base course
- Asphalt concrete pavement
- Drainage improvements