Reconstruction and Surfacing of Range Road 220 from Township Road 570 to 572 and Township Road 572 from Range Road 220 to Highway 38. Construction is planned to commence in 2022 with completion in 2023.
What to expect
During construction you can expect to see the following:
- Advanced project signage
- Website updates
- Construction signage and notifications
- Heavy equipment and workers
- Traffic control and flaggers
July 11, 2022
A wetland assessment is underway.
- Council approved funding for upgrades to RR 220 in 2022
- Location plan showing project limits
- RR 220 from Twp Rd 570 to Redwater town boundary
- Twp Rd 572 from RR 220 to Hwy 38
- RR 220 will be upgraded in two stages to a finished 8 m wide paved surface for a length of 4.8 km:
- Stage 1: Upgrade to gravel surface; planned 2022
- Stage 2: Upgrade to asphalt; scheduled for 2023
- Juniper Subdivision is located West of RR 220. RR 220 connects to Redwater Boundary and Hwy 38 through Twp Rd 572.
- The project includes grading, granular base course, drainage improvements, and asphalt pavement (2023)