Work will include reconstruction and surfacing of Range Road 234 from Highway 28 to Township Road 560, providing paved access to the Nywenning subdivision. Construction is planned to begin in 2022.
What to expect
- Sturgeon County will do its best to maintain one lane of traffic throughout the duration of the project. If road closure is required, residents will be notified in advance. If there are concerns, residents will have a contact number to reach out prior to the work taking place.
- Each culvert removal and planned replacement is scheduled to be completed within a day.
- For the roadside ditching and the approach culvert replacement, there will be a one lane reduction. Traffic will still be able to flow on the one side.
- With favourable weather and barring additional COVID related disruptions, the project is expected to be done within three months after work begins .
November 22, 2022
This project is done and is now in warranty.
October 26, 2022
Paving and seeding for this project are done.
October 11, 2022
Residents will notice that the paving is complete. Line painting will be done next.
October 3, 2022
Paving is now underway.
September 6, 2022
Subgrade preparations are underway. Culvert replacements are done, the extensions will be next.
July 11, 2022
Site grading is underway. Project signs have been placed.
June 14, 2022
Land agreements have been signed. Stripping is underway.
- As part of Sturgeon County’s 4 Stage Capital Plan, Rge Rd 234 has been identified for reconstruction and surfacing in 2022.
- Survey and Design was completed by WSP in 2021.
- The planned project is intended to address draingage concers and provide residents with a paved road surface along Rge Rd 234.
- The Project Includes:
- Replacement of 18 culverts
- Preperation of 3.5km roadway
- Paving of Rge Rd 234 from TWP 560 to Highway 28