As part of Sturgeon County’s 4-Stage Capital Plan, Sturgeon Crest Subdivision has been identified for rehabilitation and is scheduled for construction in 2022. The project team is currently determining the desired rehabilitation strategy for the subdivision.
The project includes:
- The road rehabilitation of 1.0 km within the subdivision
What to expect
- Pulverize and widen existing surface
- Replace centre line culverts
- Place Granular Base Course (GBC)
- Spraying GBC with oil tack coat
- Paving surface with hot mix asphalt
- General site cleanup
- Approaches will be paved up to the property line
Construction zone will be limited to one lane with flaggers on site. In the evenings, the road will be opened to two-way traffic.
September 27, 2022
Construction is in progress.
September 6, 2022
Construction is scheduled to start the week of September 6, 2022.
August 29, 2022
Construction will begin after the Labour Day long weekend.
August 11, 2022
Construction is scheduled to start on August 22, 2022.
July 11, 2022
The contract has been awarded. Work is scheduled to begin in late August with completion in 2022.