Building a New Dwelling

Building a New Dwelling: 

  • single detached dwellings
  • semi-detached, duplexes and/or
  • other multi-unit buildings.

These projects require a development permit and a building permit to ensure they meet safety code and building regulations.

Depending on your zoning, a lot grading deposit may be collected at the time of application.

If you require the connection to water or waste-water services or have questions about Utilities and Waste Management Services in
Sturgeon County, give them a call at 780-939-4321 or send them an email.

Manufactured homes

In addition to the above, mobile / manufactured homes require completion of a mobile /manufactured homes application 

Permit requirements for a new dwelling:

Email us, ask a question or apply in person:

Planning and Development Services
9613-100 Street,
Morinville, Alberta
T8R 1L9
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone:  780-939-8275