Dugouts are usually used by landowners to store water for stock watering, domestic use or spraying.

View Alberta Agriculture and Forestry’s dugout/lagoon volume calculator.

Permit requirements for dugouts

We're Here to Help

Our customer service counter is open for in-person inquiries between 8:30 a.m. and  4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday.

Planning and Development Services
9613 100 St.
Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9
Phone: 780-939-8275