Accessory Dwelling Unit

Accessory dwelling unit are a self-contained unit, located either within or on the same titled parcel, and accessory to a principal dwelling.

All accessory dwelling units require a development permit and a building permit.

Depending on your land use district, accessory dwelling units will have certain requirements.
Maximum floor area in R1 and AG-Residential districts 115 m² (1,237 ft²) and 80 m² (861 ft²) in all other residential districts

Permit requirements for an accessory dwelling unit are:

Email us, ask a question or apply in person:

Planning and Development Services
9613-100 Street,
Morinville, Alberta
T8R 1L9
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone:  780-939-8275