Municipal Development Plan
Learn about Sturgeon County’s Municipal Development Plan (MDP) and how it serves as a roadmap for how our community evolves and transforms.
Land Use Bylaw
The Land Use Bylaw assigns a specific district to every property, such as the following:
- Agriculture (AG)
- Country Residential (R1)
- Local Industrial (I2)
Infrastructure Master Plan
The Infrastructure Master Plan is a critical document focused on land use. The plan examines the effects of potential growth scenarios on each component of infrastructure – including water, wastewater, stormwater and transportation/road systems – and explores solutions to any possible deficiencies.
Area Structure Plans
Area structure plans (ASP) are approved by Council as bylaws, and guide future development. An ASP provides a framework that describes:
- the proposed land uses
- density of population
- sequence of development
- general location of major roadways
- public utilities in the area
- any additional requirements that Council may identify
An off-site levy allows municipalities to recover capital costs incurred for infrastructure improvements as a result of new development or growth. Off-site levies transparently and equitably allocate off-site infrastructure capital costs to those that benefit – thus ensuring that growth pays for growth.
If you need a copy of a policy that is not listed, contact Planning and Development via email or by phone 780-939-8275.
Planning and Development Policies
- Compliance Certificates
- Conditional Subdivision Approval Extension
- Development Agreements
- Encroachment Agreement
- Environmental Reserve – Lease or Purchase
- Exemption of Development Application Fees for Recognized Community Associations
- Grid Road Right-of-Way Dedication and Acquisition
- Municipal Reserve – Cemetery
- Municipal Reserve – Lease or Purchase
- Planning and Development Fees
- Residential Lot Grading
- Subdivision of Land
- Telecommunication Facility and Antenna System
We're Here to Help
Our customer service counter is open for in-person inquiries between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Planning and Development Services
9613 100 St.
Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9