Current taxes are imposed or levied in the current year, local improvement taxes, and/or other charges added to the tax roll as applicable under the Municipal Government Act.
Current taxes need to be paid or postmarked to Sturgeon County on or before the last business day in June each year to avoid penalties in accordance with the Property Tax Penalty Bylaw.
Supplemental taxes mean taxes which resulted from a supplementary assessment and are imposed on all improvements and all designated manufactured homes as applicable under the Municipal Government Act.
Current taxes need to be paid or postmarked to Sturgeon County as prescribed in Section 5.1 Property Tax Penalty Bylaw.
Tax arrears include all taxes, both current and supplemental, which remain unpaid after December 31 each year.
Tax arrears need to be paid or postmarked to Sturgeon County on or before the last business day in February each year to avoid penalties in accordance with the Property Tax Penalty Bylaw.
How to Pay?
- Submit a Tax Installment Payment Plan application to easily spread your payments into monthly installments, interest free, and administered directly by the County!
- Pay in person at Sturgeon County Centre via cash, debit, money order, or cheque made payable to Sturgeon County.
- Use the drop off box at Sturgeon County Centre located at the main entrance via cheque or money order. Include your tax bill remittance portion and do not put cash in the drop off box.
- Payment can be mailed to Sturgeon County Centre via cheque or money order. Include your tax bill remittance portion and do not send cash through the mail.
- Payments can be made in person or online through most financial institutions (banks, trusts, credit unions, etc.) and at Canada Post locations.
- Pay by credit card using a third-party provider. Credit cards cannot be used to pay property taxes directly to Sturgeon County. Third parties are not affiliated with Sturgeon County, and it is the responsibility of the taxpayer to understand and decide to accept or reject service fees and processing timelines to ensure Sturgeon County receives the payment by June 30, 2022.