Water / Wastewater Accounts

Getting Started

Moving in? Give us a call at 780-939-8254 a minimum 5 days prior to possession to guarantee water / wastewater connection.

  • Name
  • Phone number(s)
  • Possession date
  • Mailing and service address

If you are moving into a newly built home, you will also need to call Utilities at 780-939-8254 to arrange for a water meter to be installed.

Building in Sturgeon County

Builders will need the following permits prior to construction.

More information

If you need further assistance with the water and/or wastewater permit, please contact the Utility & Wastewater Services Department at 780-939-8254 or 780-939-0609.


Protecting Your Property

Sewer Backflow Valve

Some properties require the extra protection of a backwater valve in the owners drain line.
This will automatically shut the line to prevent leaks out of the plumbing fixture if sewage from an obstructed public sewer backs up the owners drain line.

Expansion Tank

The Sturgeon County Utilities department installs backflow preventers on your water line at the time of water meter installation to avoid water flow reversal.

This precaution can occasionally cause pressure build-up on your plumbing system triggering weak points to break and/or leak. The pressure occurs when water expands in your enclosed system and the increased water volume needs an exit.
The best way to reduce this stress on your system is to install an expansion tank, which is used to protect your water heating system from excessive pressure and thermal expansion.

Protect Your Pipes

Sewers are only built to handle the 3 P’s: pee, poop, and paper.
That means no Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG), paper towel or “flushable” wipes, or hygiene products.

More information

Odd/Even Watering

To promote water conservation awareness and minimize the risk of future water shortages, we are encouraging residents to participate in the Odd/Even Watering Program.

More information