Sturgeon County may need to close roadways in the event of maintenance or construction.
Please ensure the appropriate authorities are notified. Partial Closures will take place from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
During closures you can expect some delays. Full closures require no through traffic, “local traffic only” signage means residents that reside within the work area will have access and that the road is closed to the travelling public. Crews will have traffic accommodations in place – signage – on site.
- Expect delays in areas posted
- Drive with caution and obey signage
One Lane Closure – Twp Rd 552
Location: Twp Rd 552 – from Rge Rd 260 to Rge Rd 261
Effective: January 24, 2023 to February 3, 2023
Purpose: Transportation & Engineering Services Contractor will be performing bridge repairs (BF75155) on Twp Rd 552 approximately 400m west of Rge Rd 260, requiring a one lane closure.
- Traffic accommodation will be in place
- Drive with caution obeying all signage
Meadowview Drive – NOW OPEN
Meadowview Drive is now open from City of St. Albert boundary to Hwy 44.
- Be aware there are sections of gravel at the east end and the west end of Meadowview Drive
- Drive with caution, obeying all signs and stay safe!
Twp Rd 540A from Ray Gibbon Drive to Rge Rd 261 – City of St. Albert – NOW OPEN
Effective Immediately – November 30, 2022
Full Road Closure – City of St. Albert
Date: Effective immediately – October 25, 2022
The City of St. Albert has closed Rge Rd 255 south of Twp Rd 544 down to one lane traffic due to bridge issues. City staff will be implementing traffic management changes and will be advancing a full assessment of the bridge.
- Signage is in place
- There is no through traffic from Hwy 633 north to Twp Rd 544
- All local residents south of the Carrot Creek bridge must access from Hwy 633
- City of St. Albert has posted on Facebook and Twitter regarding this bridge closure
Alberta Transportation Notification – Hwy 2 Overpass Northbound Lane Closure
Provincial Travel Advisory – Travel delays: Highway 2 near Morinville
Effective September 27, 2022
- Travellers on Highway 2 can expect delays at the CN overpass near Morinville.
- The northbound bridge is closed to all traffic for a future bridge replacement project.
- The southbound bridge will be open for two-way traffic with reduced speed limits until the project is completed in fall 2023.
- Travellers can expect delays and should adjust their travel times.
- Keep up to date on these and other highway projects at 511 Alberta.