The Cardiff Park Skating Trail is now open! Pack up your skates, some hot chocolate, and your family and friends to join us for this highly anticipated ice-skating adventure in Sturgeon County’s beautiful Cardiff Park. Glide on the trail as you wind your way through the snow-covered trees, breathe in the crisp winter air, and take in Alberta’s beautiful winter skies. At 4 p.m., lights transform the trail into a magical winter wonderland.
View a map of the skating trail.
The trail is suitable for all skill levels and ages. There is a smaller skating oval, perfect for those who are learning how to skate. There are three outdoor skate tie locations. Regular maintenance is done on the trail, but it is subject to weather conditions.
The trail will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The lights are on from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Parking is encouraged in the south lot near the ball diamonds.
Washrooms are available. Keep in mind that Cardiff Park is gated and closed daily at 11 p.m.
The trail is free for everyone to enjoy.
Please be considerate of other skaters and follow the posted guidelines around the trail to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Skates must be word on the ice at all times.
- Helmets are recommended for skaters of all ages.
- If you have a infant with you we ask that you don’t carry them when you are on the trail, slips and falls are always a possibility that we want to avoid.
- The skating trail is for skates only, we do not permit sporting equipment (pucks, nets, hockey or ringette sticks), food & beverages, wagons, sleighs, strollers or carries on the ice trail.
- While we love all our furry friends, the trail is not safe for pets. Please leave your pets at home.