Sturgeon County’s bylaws and policies help maintain the health, safety and well-being of the entire community. Policies are Council statements that guide decision making on municipal matters.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email us or call 780-939-4321.
For bylaw enforcement, call 780-939-8418.
You can search our bylaw database using the following:
- Title keyword – use the title of the document, such as the bylaw name
- Subject – use words that may not be in the title, such as searching by the bylaw number
To display the bylaw click on the title or “Download”
Frequently Requested Bylaws
Dog Control Bylaw
Land Use Bylaw
Sturgeon County County approves, amends or rescinds policies that set discretionary duties or standards of performance.
Policies are posted on our website to promote awareness, transparency, accountability, and to serve as a convenient reference for Council, administration and the public.
Planning and Development Policies
- Compliance Certificates
- Conditional Subdivision Approval Extension
- Development Agreements
- Encroachment Agreement
- Environmental Reserve – Lease or Purchase
- Exemption of Development Application Fees for Recognized Community Associations
- Grid Road Right-of-Way Dedication and Acquisition
- Municipal Reserve – Cemetery
- Municipal Reserve – Lease or Purchase
- Planning and Development Fees
- Residential Lot Grading
- Subdivision of Land
- Telecommunication Facility and Antenna System