Division One Councillor, Dan Derouin
First elected in 2017
Councillor Derouin brings a diverse set of experiences to his role on Sturgeon County Council. In addition to being a business owner, he served as a firefighter with the City of Edmonton for over 30 years.
He paid his own way to Australia in 2020 in order to assist with the efforts to douse the wildfires ravaging the region.
Councillor Derouin grew up on his family’s farm east of Gibbons that was settled in 1897 by his grandfather and homesteaded in 1903.
Councillor Derouin now lives with his wife Suzie and enjoys time with his three daughters and six wonderful grandchildren.
Internal Boards and Committees
- Capital Committee
- Environmental Protection Appeal Board
- Sturgeon County / City of St.Albert Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Morinville Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Advisory Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
External Boards and Committees
- Athabasca Landing Trail Steering Committee
- Capital Region Northeast Water Services Commission
- Edmonton Salutes Committee
- Morinville / St. Albert Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance and Sturgeon River Watershed Alliance
- Northeast Region Community Awareness Emergency Response Board of Directors
- Pembina Zone
- River Valley Alliance Advisory Board
- Sturgeon Victom Services (alternate)