Division Four Councillor, Neal Comeau
First Elected in 2017
Neal Comeau is a dedicated community leader and lifelong resident of Sturgeon County. As a fifth-generation Comeau in the Rivière Qui Barre area, he has a deep understanding and appreciation for the region’s history and culture.
In his free time, Councillor Comeau enjoys staying active with curling, hockey, and traveling. He has been happily married to his wife Lauren since 2000 and together they have two children, Kiera and Mason.
As the owner and operator of the Morinville Chiropractic Clinic, Mr. Comeau is a familiar face throughout the community and is known for his commitment to helping others. He brings that same dedication and passion to his role as a councillor, where he prioritizes collaboration and working together to achieve common goals.
In addition to his work in Sturgeon County, Councillor Comeau is also involved in a number of organizations, including the Canadian Federation of Municipalities and numerous other boards and committees. His experience and expertise make him an invaluable member of the community and a true asset to Sturgeon County.
Internal Boards and Committees
- Capital Committee
- Environmental Protection Appeal Board
- Sturgeon County / Alexander First Nation Intergovernmental Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / City of St.Albert Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Morinville Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Strathcona County Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
External Boards and Committees
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Capital Region Northeast Water Services Commission
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities Committees
- Pembina Zone
- West Sturgeon Aging in Place Foundation / West Country Hearth (alternate)
- Sturgeon County / Alcomdale Local Development Co-operative Ltd. Steering Committee