Key Themes of Budget 2022
In 2022, Sturgeon County will invest more than $130 million
towards better roads, future growth, and a safer, healthier community.
- Investing in transportation, public safety, and community infrastructure
- Capitalizing on global opportunities including oil and gas decarbonization, blue hydrogen, and renewables
- Maintaining efficient and sustainable operations
- Providing high quality and essential services
- Mindful of social and economic challenges
This budget is part of the larger 2022 – 2027
Capital Plan that includes $239 million of investments in key infrastructure while maintaining the County’s financial sustainability in the short and long-term.
“In the upcoming year, we will continue to focus on ensuring mobility through good quality roads, bridges and drainage in Sturgeon County.
Budget 2022 also helps us enhance public safety and outdoor recreation opportunities while laying the groundwork for future economic development growth across the County.”
– Sturgeon County Mayor Alanna Hnatiw
Review the 2022 Budget Book
- Debt capacity forecast to remain below 50% of the legislated debt limit
- Financial reserves projected to meet capital investment funding requirements within the 6-year capital plan
- Long-term tax rate impacts of debt servicing remain below 1%