Will You Answer The Call?
Our paid on-call firefighters receive an hourly wage for any emergency call they respond to. We are looking for people who are positive, team oriented and enjoy physically demanding work.
Interested in a full-time opportunity? View our careers page.
Call 780-939-8400 or email Protective Services.
What We Expect of Candidates
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be able to handle physically demanding – but rewarding – work
- You must have a positive and team-oriented personality
- You must commit to three hours of weekly training/practice nights and a minimum of one Saturday per month
- No previous experience is necessary
What We Offer
- Sturgeon County provides all safety equipment.
- We provide the opportunity for you to contribute to the safety of your community.
- We provide professional NFPA 1001 certified firefighting education, which is transferable anywhere in North America.
- We provide additional benefits such as WCB and life insurance coverage.