Elected in 2021
Born and raised just outside Redwater, Councillor Jason Berry has lived in the Casa Vista subdivision in Sturgeon County for the past 15 years. Councillor Berry and his wife have been married for 20 years and have a 16-year-old son and an 18-year-old daughter. The Berry family loves living in the area and is grateful for the wonderful neighbours and sense of community.
Rural Crime, supporting local businesses, agriculture and expanding recreation are priorities for Councillor Berry. He is laser-focused on protecting residents and their property, supporting the continued development of the Alberta Industrial Heartland and driving economic growth.
Councillor Berry and his wife feel it is important to volunteer and give back whenever possible. For eight years, Councillor Berry was a minor hockey coach and the President of CNN Minor Hockey for two of those years. One of Councillor Berry’s proudest moments was with CNN when establishing the Food Bank annual fundraiser.
Boards and Committees
- Agricultural Service Board
- Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS) Partnership Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Calahoo-Villeneuve Sand and Gravel Advisory Committee
- Capital Committee
- Community Services Advisory Board
- Environmental Protection Appeal Board
- Sturgeon County / City of St.Albert Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Morinville Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Advisory Committee (alternate)
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Alberta Industrial Heartland Association
- Northern Lights Library System (alternate)
- Pembina Zone
- Sturgeon Rural Crime Watch
- Sturgeon Victim Servics (alternate)