Waste & Recycling

Sturgeon County landowners are provided with a permit to dispose of up to 8,000 kg of household waste and recycling per year at the Roseridge Landfill and the Redwater Transfer Station.

Replacement permits cost $10.

8,000 kg is approximately…

  • as heavy as 12 cows! That’s a-moo-sing
  • three times the size of a blue whale’s tongue
  • 90 per cent of a T-rex
  • the same weight as a garbage truck

Get Your Free Permit

Roseridge Landfill and the Redwater Transfer Station are owned and operated by the Roseridge Waste Management Services Commission, a partnership between the Towns of Bon Accord, Morinville, Gibbons, Redwater, Legal and Sturgeon County to provide a region-wide essential service. For more information about Roseridge Landfill and its operation visit the website.

If you have any questions, or if you are at the landfill and have not applied for a new card, phone Sturgeon County at 780-939-0609 or email Dolores Rivard.

Roseridge Landfill

How do I get there?
Roseridge Landfill is located 2 KM east of Morinville off SH 642, south of Range Road 251
Phone: 780-939-5678

Redwater Transfer Station

How do I get there?
The Redwater Waste Transfer Station is located 1.6 KM north of Hwy 38 on Range Road 215
Phone: 780-939-5678

Sturgeon County offices will be closed Monday, February 19 for Family Day. Offices will re-open Tuesday, February 20 at 8:30 a.m.

Scroll to Top