Positioned for Growth
Sturgeon County Economic Innovation and Growth is here to assist you with your business development decisions.
Use this section to find valuable information on how to Contact Us, New and Events, Major Projects and our Newsletter.
Living in Sturgeon
There are loads of things to see and do here in Sturgeon County. Under our list of attractions you’ll find information on all kinds of fun and exciting activities like golf courses, museums, and fruit picking! It’s easy to get out and enjoy when in Sturgeon County!
- 2,100 Square Kilometres, the Northern Edmonton Metro Region
- 21,000 residents with Population Growth of 4.7% from 2011-2016
- Major Development Areas: Sturgeon Valley, Sturgeon Industrial Park (SIP), Villeneuve Airport, Alberta’s Industrial Heartland
- Key Memberships: Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association (AIHA), Edmonton Global, Protein Industries Canada (PIC), Plant Protein Alliance of Alberta (PPAA)
- 2,535 Sturgeon County Businesses (2016)
- Competitive Non-Residential Tax Rate of 1.028%
The Edmonton Metro Region
- Regional population of 1.4 Million people with Annual GDP of $105 Billion
- The Second Fastest Growing Region in Canada with a Highly-Skilled, Mobile Labour Force of 826,000 people
- Robust Innovation Ecosystem with strengths in Artifical Intelligence, Machine Learning and Nanotechnology
- Alberta post secondary institutions are the fourth largest supplier of STEM graduates in the country