Positioned for Growth
Sturgeon County Economic Innovation and Growth is here to assist you with your business development decisions. Use this section to find valuable information on how to Contact Us, New and Events, Major Projects and our Newsletter.
Invest in Sturgeon
Explore the wealth of opportunity available to you in our County.
Advantages that allow companies and residents to grow and prosper.
Pursuing global and domestic competitiveness in diverse business areas.
Services for Local Business
Supporting and encouraging each business in our community to grow.
View available properties for sale or lease in Sturgeon County.
Contact Economic Innovation and Growth
Toll Free: 1-866-939-9303
Living in Sturgeon
There are loads of things to see and do here in Sturgeon County. Under our list of attractions you’ll find information on all kinds of fun and exciting activities like golf courses, museums, and fruit picking! It’s easy to get out and enjoy when in Sturgeon County!
About the County
- 2,100 square kilometres; we are the northern Edmonton Metropolitan Region
- 21,000 residents with population growth of 4.7% from 2011 to 2016
- Major development areas: Sturgeon Valley, Sturgeon Industrial Park (SIP), Villeneuve Airport, Alberta’s Industrial Heartland
- Key memberships: Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association (AIHA), Edmonton Global, Protein Industries Canada (PIC), Plant Protein Alliance of Alberta (PPAA)
- 2,535 Sturgeon County businesses (2016)
- Competitive non-residential tax rate of 1.028%
About the Edmonton Metropolitan Region
- Regional population of 1.4 million people
- Annual GDP of $105 billion
- The second fastest growing region in Canada with a highly skilled, mobile labour force of 826,000 people
- Robust innovation ecosystem with strengths in artifical intelligence, machine learning and nanotechnology
- Alberta post-secondary institutions are the fourth largest supplier of STEM graduates in the country