There is NO evacuation notice or order in effect for Sturgeon County.
If an evacuation order is issued, do the following:
- Leave the area immediately. Leaving promptly helps emergency crews keep the roads clear of congestion and gives them room to do their job. Evacuation orders are issued when you must leave the area for own safety.
- Grab your emergency kit and take it with you.
- Follow instructions on where to go. Follow evacuation routes specified by emergency workers.
- Follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter for news and updates.
- Follow evacuation routes specified by authorities. Do not take shortcuts.
- Drive carefully with your headlights on. Make way for pedestrians and emergency vehicles.
Learn more about preparing for evacuation.
Livestock and animal evacuation
When wildfires occur, it’s not just people who are affected — animals and livestock are also at risk. It’s important to have a plan in place to evacuate your animals and livestock to safety.
Learn more about evacuating pets and livestock.
Learn more about preparing emergency kits for pets and livestock.