Replacement of the bridge culvert, located on Range Road 271 south of Township Road 554. Construction is planned to commence in 2022. It is recommended to remove the existing structure and replace with a new culvert, this option is the most economical and recommended option.
What to expect
- A local road detour is available at this location. Given the low volume of traffic, it is assumed the roadway would be closed for construction and traffic detoured around the site via Range Road 270 or 272.
- Project duration is anticipated to be 4 – 6 weeks.
July 11, 2022
The contract for this project has been awarded. Completion is scheduled for 2022.
- To ensure the safety of traveling public and to provide continuous access to residents and landowners, this bridge has reached the end of its services life and is scheduled for replacement.
- Bridge file 77414 was identified as a prioirty due to it’s age and condition. The crossing consists of a corrugated steel culvert that is over 50 years old and has reached the end of it’s expected service life (45 years for steel culvert structure). The culvert is in poor condition due to corrosion and perforations of the sidewalls and the floor of the pipe.
- Replacement of this bridge has been identified and will be scheduled in 2022.