The River Valley Alliance (RVA) is a not-for-profit organization made up of the six shareholder municipalities that border the North Saskatchewan River in the Edmonton region: the Town of Devon, Parkland County, the City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, the City of Fort Saskatchewan, and Sturgeon County.
The goal of the Alliance is to preserve, protect and enhance the largest metropolitan river valley park system in the world by connecting the trail system and making it easier for all to access and enjoy.
Committee members will serve a two-year term and must attend 10 – 12 meetings a year in-person or by teleconference.
The RVA Community Engagement Committee
- promotes and publicizes the Alliance’s vision to its shareholder municipalities and the public and advises the RVA Board of Directors.
- Acts as a volunteer resource to assist in river-valley centered events, projects, public processes and other activities as approved or directed by the RVA Board.
- Assists the RVA Board and its municipality members by increasing public awareness, dialogue, support, and advocacy for the River Valley Park System.
- Brings any issues to the RVA Board’s attention that could warrant RVA involvement or advocacy.
- Takes on other assignments as requested by the RVA Board of Directors.