Division Two Councillor, Kristin Toms
First elected in 2019
Councillor Kristin Toms has extensive experience in communications, marketing, and business.
Prior to joining Sturgeon County Council, Councillor Toms was responsible for growing her family’s wealth management business. Working with thriving companies allowed her to gain knowledge of many industries and identify best practices in business operations. She possesses the investment advisor designation through the Canadian Securities Institute.
Councillor Toms is passionate about communications and marketing which has allowed her to work in diverse industries and sectors. She holds a Bachelor of Education Degree from the University of Alberta and a Public Relations Diploma from Grant MacEwan University. She believes that learning should never stop and intends to take an MBA.
In the interim, she stays committed to learning through experience or by enrolling in classes and courses.
Councillor Toms is married to her husband of 20 years and has two children; daughter Maddix and son Mitchell.
In her spare time – of which she doesn’t have much – Councillor Toms enjoys gardening and cooking. She also trains for Spartan races! You can also add animal lover to her bio as the pets in her household outnumber the people!
Councillor Toms welcomes meetings with residents as well as industry and business stakeholders. She invites you to contact her should you have questions or comments.
Internal Boards and Committees
- Audit Selection Committee
- Capital Committee
- Economic Development Advisory Board
- Governance and Council Services Committee
- Intermunicipal Internal Negotiating Task Force
- Sturgeon County / City of St.Albert Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Morinville Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Partnership (alternate)
- Youth Advisory Committee
External Boards and Committees
- Edmonton Region Waste Advisory Committee (CRWMAC)
- Edmonton Global (alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board (alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board Dispute Resolution Committee
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board Task Force – Metropolitan Region Servicing Plan (MRSP) Standing Committee
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority Appointers Committee
- Edmonton Salutes Committee (alternate)
- Homeland Housing
- Pembina Zone
- Roseridge Waste Management Services Commission