Mayor Alanna Hnatiw
First elected in 2017
Mayor Hnatiw is a long-time Sturgeon County resident and active volunteer. She lives in Division 5 with her husband Rob and two children. Mayor Hnatiw comes from a long line of farmers, but has spent most of her adult life as an oil and gas business owner. As a leader, she focuses on opening doors to residents and keeping an open mind while looking for innovative solutions to current challenges.
Developing a prosperous future for Sturgeon County is a priority for Mayor Hnatiw. Diversification of agriculture and industry is one of her goals, as is the support of small businesses. There are many opportunities for responsible, sustainable development in Sturgeon County.
In her spare time, Mayor Hnatiw enjoys horseback riding, golfing, downhill skiing, and teaching yoga.
Mayor Hnatiw serves as ex-officio for all Committees of Council and is the Chair of all Regular Council Meetings, unless absent.
Internal Boards and Committees
- Capital Committee
- Governance and Council Services Committee
- Intermunicipal Internal Negotiating Task Force
- Sturgeon County / City of St. Albert Annexation Negotiation Committee
- Sturgeon County / Morinville Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Strathcona County Inter-Municipal Affairs Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Sturgeon Regional Partnership
External Boards and Committees
- Alberta Industrial Heartland Association
- Collaborative Economic Development
- Edmonton Region Hydrogen HUB Leadership Team
- Edmonton Global
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board Dispute Resolution Committee
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board Task Force – Metropolitan Region Servicing Plan (MRSP) Standing Committee (alternate)
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority Appointers
- Northern Alberta Mayors and Reeves Caucus
- Pembina Zone
Mayor Alanna Hnatiw Expense Claims
Mayor Alanna Hnatiw Expenses