As we are in peak summer construction season, we are experiencing delays in having utility locates completed. As a result, drop installations, which would normally take up to a week to complete, are now taking about two weeks. We thank you for your patience during this period.
Transport Fibre (connects subdivisions, hamlets and industrial parks together)
- Transport crews are working their way from Villeneuve to Morinville performing drill shots as required and installing handholes. Highway 37 to Heritage park is complete.
- Meadowview Drive will be starting next week.
Access Fibre (runs by each premise in a subdivision, hamlet or industrial park)
- Pine Sands, Glory Hills, Villeneuve Airport and RR 262 are completed.
- Fairhaven and West Fairhaven – approx. 95% complete for access construction.
- Crews are 50% done Reyda Vista.
Drop fibre (connects the access fibre to the premise)
- Rol-Anna Park and Pine Sands are complete.
- Glory Hills and RQB are almost completed.
- The Villeneuve Airport, Fairhaven and RR 262 are now being worked on.
- Crews will be moving to Heritage I.P., and Northern Lights next.
Splicing (connecting the fiber segments into one continuous length)
- The transport segment that connects West Country Hearth is now completed.
- Pine Sands, Northern Lights and Glory Hills are complete.
- Airport and Fairhaven will be starting next.